US Machining - Numet
Founded in 1984 and the most recent acquisition by Bromford Group in 2019, Numet Machining Techniques is a manufacturer of precision machined and major rotating components requiring complex geometries from exotic alloys.
Numet is a self-release Tier 1 supplier to General Electric Aviation, Pratt & Whitney, and the U.S. Department of Defense. Additionally, Numet services customers in the overhaul and repair market for both military and commercial aviation, and ground power applications. The site specializes in complex turned and 5-axis milled components and assemblies made from extreme temperature alloys such as Waspaloy, Titanium, Cobalt, Inconel, Rene 41, Haynes 242, and Haynes 188 to name a few.
The site has seen significant investment in facilities, equipment, systems and training to support it’s growth strategy including a recent 19,000 square foot expansion of the existing site. A key aspect of this expansion is the installation of in house heat treatment capability to support the needs of its customers.
- Engineering Software: Unigraphics, Solidworks, MasterCam, Vericut
- Inspection: CMM’s running PC-DMIS and Kelipso (ZEISS)
- Part Marking: 2-D Dot Peen, Electro-Etch, Blast
- Milling: CNC Multi axis capable up to 5 axis up to 62″ OD, Jig boring
- Turning: CNC, multiple axis with live tools, up to 62″ OD.
- EDM: Wire & Sink EDM
- Parts Finishing: Polishing, Deburring
- Heat Treatment: Vacuum furnace up to 62” OD
- Assembly: Orbital Riveting
- Testing: NDT (FPI)